Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween Nails: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

I think this is my favorite Halloween design I have ever done. It is extremely simple, too! I have paired the accent nail with a simple crackle manicure, but it can of course be used with other designs for a full themed manicure.




For the crackle nails I used a base of Julep "Leah" (yep, I bought it just for the name. Every girl needs to own a nail polish that shares her name, right?) And Salon Perfect Black Crackle on top. For the accent finger I used a white creme for the base color. Then I used a black creme nail art polish to draw a curved line for the back of the cauldron. Then I used "Leah" with my airbrush to create the smoky potion coming from, and filling, the cauldron. I did it this way to add depth and dimension so that the smoke is in front of the back of the cauldron but not overlapping in front of it. If you do not have an airbrush, you can use the sponging technique instead. I would recommend thinning the polish to help keep it sheer and smoky, you do not want it to be too opaque. Then I went back in with the black nail art polish to finish creating the cauldron. I left a thin line on the side to add a little shape and dimension to the cauldron as well. Then of course seal it all with a good top coat and voila!





I will have a couple more Halloween designs up if I can manage to sort out the techy issues to get the pictures to the nook to post them. I will try but I can't promise to get them posted before the holiday.


.
comments powered by Disqus