Wednesday, June 4, 2014

pureSOL Konjac Sponge Review


Konjac sponges seem to be the "in" thing right now. The pureSOL Konjac sponge is just one of many options currently available.



Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

"Konjac is a moisture rich plant fibre which is by nature alkaline, and thus balances the acidity of the skin's impurities and oils. The unique net like structure of the sponge gently massages the skin, breaks down dirt, stimulates blood flow and new growth of skin cells. Leaving the skin extremely clean and refreshed! 

pureSOL Konjac Sponge is unbelievably soft and excellent for all skin types! It is made of 100% pure vegetable fiber and processed without any coloring or additives, great for hypersensitive skin!  "

When you first open the package, the sponge is dry and hard, and kind of looks like a little lump of coal. You have to soak it in water till it has softened. This took about 20 minutes for me - so plan ahead before using this (especially the first time) so that you give yourself time to soften the sponge if needed.



The sponge can be used either by itself or you can apply a small drop of your favorite facial cleanser to the sponge. It is gentle enough to use daily even on sensitive skin.

The sponge provides gentle but effective exfoliation to help remove dry skin and impurities. Exfoliating also gives a boost to circulation, which helps give you a natural, rosy glow. They also claim that with regular use it prevents breakouts and blackheads.

I have made this sponge part of my daily routine and I love it! I think the true test will be continued use next winter, when my skin is at its driest and can be difficult to keep hydrated. For now the results are spring/warm weather results, when my skin is still on the dry side but not so difficult to manage. For the moment I can say my skin does feel softer and smoother, and daily use of the sponge has not been a problem for my sensitive skin. It is very gentle but effective exfoliation. I haven't noticed a difference in terms of breakouts/blackheads, but perhaps with some more continued use there may be a noticable difference in that area.

Something more to love is that this is a "green" product:

"100% NATURAL AND ECO-FRIENDLY: Why compromise your health with products that contain harsh chemicals and additives on your skin? pureSOL Konjac Sponge is completely natural, eco-friendly and free of parabens, sulphates & chemicals. It is biodegrade, cruelty free and vegan. After use, you can compost the sponge and feel good about the environment! You can even add it to your flower pot! At pureSOL our packaging is 90% compostable"


The PureSol sponge sells for $25* and is available on Amazon. (See link below.) They recommend replacing the sponge every 3 months, and the sponge can be sterilized every couple of weeks by boiling it in water for a few minutes.

* - Currently on sale for $11 on Amazon. Based on a quick browse through Amazon $11 seems to be an average price point for Konjac sponges, and I think it is a fair price for the product. At the regular price of $25 it is a good "splurge" product given the recommended 3 months of use you should be able to get out of each one. I am not sure I would buy it at the $25 price point honestly, but at the sale price I would for sure.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b00jnr20li

pureSOL on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pureSOLKonjacSponge

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


The product(s) featured in this post were sent to me for review. All opinions are my own based on my experience using the product(s).

.
comments powered by Disqus