Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Poshinality: Dreamer


Y'all know how much I love a good glitter polish! Up for swatching/review today I've got "Dreamer" from Poshinality.

POSHINALITY Nail Colour is a style & customer-focused brand that celebrates individuality by creating a colour palette based on various styles of fashion and personality types.

From Tomboys To Girly Girls To Plain Janes, POSHINALITY's growing family of shades encourages the expression of what you are and how you feel through nail colour.
Poshinality polishes are 5-free, vegan, and not tested on animals. They also donate a portion of their revenue to various social causes and campaigns. You can learn more on their website's About page by clicking here.

Poshinality is 5-free, vegan & not tested on animals. They also donate a portion of their revenue to various social causes & campaigns. Pretty polish + good deeds = total win! You can learn more on their site's About page by clicking here.


All photos were taken indoors in natural, indirect light without flash.

Pictured here at 3 thin coats, no topcoat


Dreamer is described as a "chunky copper glitter". It is a clear base packed with bright coppery pink and gold micro glitter as well as larger pieces of copper hex glitter. As you will see in these pictures, depending on the light it can look softer sometimes. The gold micro glitter adds depth and dimension to the color.


Pictured here at 3 thin coats, with topcoat
 The formula is really nice; it is a touch on the thin side but is not difficult to work with. The micro glitter dispenses evenly on the nail while the larger hex glitters are more sparse and sometimes it takes a little effort to make sure you've got some of those pieces on each nail - common and expected for this type of glitter polish. One coat is sheer enough it's ideal for layering, while it builds up to a more opaque, full-coverage look with about 3 coats.

One thing you've got to know about this polish: it dries super fast! Not so fast that it starts to dry on the brush and nail during application (I've had polishes dry that quickly before, and it's too fast & makes application difficult) but by the time I was done applying the first coat to all ten nails, the nails on the hand I'd done first were dry and good to go for the next coat!

It also dries with a matte finish. With the glitter this means it ends up having a really nice "sand" texture (or "sugar", or any of the other various names this kind of finish goes by) but it still feels smooth on the nail. The texture is noticeable if you touch your nails, of course, but it is not really rough or bumpy. This is important to me because I really dislike anything rough on my nails. I am on the fence about textured polishes but this is one I definitely really like a lot! And of course, it looks every bit as fabulous with top coat!

Pictured here at 1 coat layered over black
I think this one looks particularly lovely when layered over black. I only did one nail to show this, because I didn't have time to do all of them when I took pictures. But I loved how it looked so much, and I had to share a picture to provide a visual rather than just telling you it looks great over black but leaving it up to your imagination to picture it. =)


Pictured here at 1 coat layered over black
The polish was also easy to remove when the time came. (Note my nail polish removal method here.) Some of the hex glitters were a little stubborn but removal was about as effortless as application.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this polish!

Poshinality Nail Colour comes in 0.43 fl. oz. bottles, and are a very reasonable $9.50 each. They have some very lovely colors in their collection, and if my financial situation ever improves I have every intention of getting several more shades from them! ("Mysterious" looks like a must-have color to me, don't you think?)

You can check out the full line of Poshinality colors on their web site at www.poshinality.com, and you can also check them out on Facebook at facebook.com/poshinality or Twitter at twitter.com/poshinality. (Other social media links are on their web site, as well.)




The product(s) featured in this post were sent to me for review. All opinions are my own based on my experience using the product(s).



comments powered by Disqus