Monday, March 3, 2014

Liberty Republic Spellbound Nail Lacquer: Elixir


If y'all didn't know, I am a huge fan of Jordan Liberty. (I might have a huge tiny crush on him if I'm being 100% honest.) I've watched his videos on Youtube for quite some time, and follow him on other social networks as well. I think his talents with makeup are wonderful, but really, it's his personality that I fell in love with. He's funny and sweet and honest - all kinds of wonderful things.

So when I found out that he was creating his own line of nail polish, I was just a little excited!

The wait is finally over for Wantable subscribers! These colors are exclusive to Wantable. I don't know if there are plans to make the line available otherwise - if I hear anything I'll be sure to let you know.

The color I received in my March box is Elixir. And I have to say, it is perfection in a bottle! Elixir is a gorgeous mauvey greige creme. It glides on smoothly, and gives excellent coverage in one coat. It is slightly sheer with one coat but not so sheer that a second coat is necessary. It is a quick-dry formula - pair this up with the fact that one coat is sufficient, it's an excellent "in a rush" polish!

1 coat, no topcoat. Shown indoors in natural, overcast light, no flash. This was closer to a window for more light.

1 coat, no topcoat. Shown indoors in natural, overcast light, no flash. This one was taken further away from any windows for a softer, more diffused light. The color is truer in this photo than the above picture closer to the window/light - but the one closer to the window shows the shiny finish better.

Jordan describes the color as follows: "This haute couture "greige" has a violet undertone and a luminous pearl sheen that makes it a truly unique and striking edition to the Spellbound line. It's the perfect color for day or play - a great fashion neutral that pairs well with even the most dramatic of looks!"

I think this is a lovely shade that will look amazing on a wide range of skin tones. The formula is also 5-free, so those with concerns about the formulations of their nail polish can rest easy with this one.

Are you a Wantable subscriber? Did you get one of the Spellbound shades in your March box? If so, what do you think of it?


comments powered by Disqus