Thursday, March 13, 2014

LAQA & Co. Fat Lip Pencil: Fairy Blood

This was among the pretties in my March box from Wantable. This was by far my favorite box yet, and I'm so sad that it will be my last box for an unpredictable length of time because I am always so thrilled with them. I just can't afford it anymore, right now.

What they have to say about this product:
What's not to like? It's glossy, it's shimmery, perfect for day or night.

The smooth buttery texture coats lips in stunning, glossy color and 
comes in a handy jumbo pencil that needs no sharpener.



My first thought when I saw this was that the name for this color, Fairy Blood, was strangely appropriate given a book series I've just gotten into recently which is about a trio of half-fairy sisters. The color looks a little intense in the tube, but this didn't faze me like it normally might. Because it was from Wantable and they know my preferences, I knew there was nothing to be afraid of because it was going to be softer than it initially appears. And I was right!


The color is actually a sheer, soft rosy hue with golden shimmer. I don't think it's really glossy. It has a barely-there hint of shine to it, but definitely not glossy. It's soft and lightweight on the lips, and wears and feels like a light lip balm. It has a slight minty flavor/tingle - it's very slight, not at all overpowering.



It's a color that is right up my alley. Y'all know how I adore sheer/nude/my-lips-but-better lip colors! I like the slight golden shimmer, it adds the faintest "glow"; the color is very soft and wearable for everyday. Love love love it!




comments powered by Disqus