Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Beauty Babble

I had every intention of doing an EOTD post today. And then I woke up. I know that sounds bad but bear with me for a second, here. Not too long after I woke up this morning, my eye was bothering me a bit. And it's been hurting/sore all day today. A peek in the mirror showed me that my lower lid/a small area under my eye is a little red and swollen. I can only assume a creepy crawly bit me during the night. So, no makeup for a while until it's healed and feeling better. Which means no EOTD posts, obviously.

I have a couple new things I need to swatch, but I've not gotten around to it yet. I have been trying to think up something I could post that doesn't necessarily require any photos. I much prefer to take photos in natural light whenever I will be sharing photos. It's not always possible but I prefer it. Considering it's 9:30 pm, natural light is a little hard to come by right now lol. So I thought I'd do a "tag" post, incorporating a couple different "tags". I know they're old ones that have made their rounds already, but I've not done them. So I thought I would tonight, to be able to have a little something new to share.


1. What is a beauty regimen that you rarely do/product you rarely use?
Lip liner. I own exactly one lip liner, and hardly ever use it. I don't know why, it's just not a product I've ever liked to use.

2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
Yes. I usually wipe them off with baby wipes after each use, and do a proper wash once a week or so.

3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
It depends on the color polish, actually. If it's a bolder color where it's noticeable that it's chipped, I'll usually remove it within a day or two. But if it's a lighter color where it's harder to tell it's chipped, I can let it go for... weeks. I don't usually do that but I can and it's not unheard of. Sometimes there's just other stuff going on that's more important. *shrug*

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
Truthfully, I don't think any beauty product is ever truly needed, and if there's a time I have to go without, then I do so without complaint for however long is necessary.

5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Not washing my makeup off before I go to bed. It's not a regular habit but it is one that I am guilty of far more often than I should be. Sometimes I'm just too wiped out at the end of the day to care. There have been times I've gotten ready for bed and realized only after getting out of the shower and into my pj's that I forgot to wash my face while I was in the shower. heh. What?

6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Mopping the floors. Hate hate hate mopping the floors!

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
Rarely. It depends on where I'm going and what the weather is like. I am more inclined to wait as long as possible in summer so that I don't get all sweaty and gross before even leaving the house.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?
I kind of have to. It comes with being poor. There are times I manage to scrape up money to buy stuff, but for the most part (especially in the past year or so and even moreso in the past few months) I honestly don't have the money to spend no matter how much I might want something.

9. How organized are your make-up and nail polish collections?
Not at all. Most of my makeup is in another state right now about 7 hours away and what I do have with me is in a travel bag. I don't have any space/shelves to organize anything right now.


7 Deadly Beauty Sins:

GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
The most inexpensive item is Wet N Wild nail polish, of which I've several colors of course. My most expensive beauty item is my hair dryer.

WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I really can't think of anything that I'd say I have a love/hate relationship with. I'm very selective about the things I buy and try hard to be objective and only get things that there's not much of a chance I won't be happy with it. The few times I am not happy with something, I return it if possible or I find a friend who can use it. I don't tend to hold on to products if I don't really like them.

GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
I can't say I have ever thought of any beauty products as "delicious" but I guess I'll go with DEX New York lip gloss; it has vanilla essence in it, so it smells like genuine vanilla not that icky fake candy-vanilla fragrance a lot of lip products use.

SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Eye liner. I love eye liner but usually just don't feel like fussing with it.

PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
I don't know that I've ever really felt any more confidence because of a beauty product.

LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Not a clue what this has to do with beauty lol but for me the most important things are a sense of humor, trustworthiness, reliability, and sincerity.

ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?


For beauty related items, I'd most like to receive the Remington Keratin Therapy Flat Iron and the No!No! Hair 8800. I know that the No!No! is uber expensive (hence my broke ass will never own it) and it's got a lot of bad reviews but I am so curious about it! lol Non-beauty items I'd most like to receive: Canon EOS 60D camera & a slew of lenses to go with it, and several Yedi House Tea For One sets in Purple & Beige. I have dozens of tea sets/tea pots on my Amazon wish list and any of them would make me super happy really, but that one's my favorite. I think. It's my favorite at the time of writing this, how about that? (I love tea, so accordingly I love tea related products!)



comments powered by Disqus