Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Be A Bombshell: The One Stick "Southern Belle"

This is another of the products that was included in my February box from Wantable.



The One Stick is a 3-in-1 product that can be used on the lips, cheeks, and eyes. Y'all know I love a good multi-tasking product!

Note: All photos were taken indoors in indirect natural, overcast light. No flash was used.

 The color I got is Southern Belle. It is, to my eye, a bright coral-pink.


The product is creamy and richly pigmented.
Here, the color has been applied directly from the tube over bare skin.


Here is the color - again applied directly from the tube over bare skin - blended out (blended with my fingers)

I really like the color. It looks a little intimidating at first because it is so bright, but as you can see, it blends out to a soft wash of color very beautifully! I think that this makes it a good versatile color that will suit a lot of people's preferences, because if you are like me and like softer colors it can be blended out for a softer look. But if you love bold colors, you can sweep the color on and go. It layers nicely, too, so you could blend it out and build up the color as much as you want.

I think it makes a lovely lip color and is perfect as blush. It feels like a lip balm when worn on the lips - really lightweight and non-drying. I like it dabbed on lightly and then blended out for a soft lip color. I think it makes an absolutely perfect blush shade, too! On me, I don't care for it as an eye shadow. There are very few shades of pink that I think work for me on my eyes, and this is not one of them. However, I can see where it would be a lovely eye shadow for a lot of other ladies.

Overall, I'm super happy with this product! I might not get the 3-in-1 use out of it, but it's still a great 2-in-1 multi-tasker for me, and I think the color is wonderful! It strikes me as one of those great universal colors that will work well for many different skin tones.









comments powered by Disqus