Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Scunci Super Bandz Review



I happened to see these at K Mart while I was looking for some new head bands and I decided to try them out. The idea of "just one loop" to secure my hair was too tempting to pass up. These are nothing new - however they are new to me. I am always checking out the hair accessories when I go out, and I have never seen these before.

The first time I used one, I loved it. The "just one loop" thing is true - just slip your hair through once and you're good to go. I used one to secure my braid before bed one night, where because of my layers the hair is tapered quite a bit, just to see how well these might hold up for thinner hair. It stayed in all night. (I tend to toss and turn a lot in my sleep so this is no small feat!)

They were not the easiest to remove at the end of the day though - they did want to "stick" and pulled out some hairs along the way, no matter how careful I was in sliding/rolling them out of my hair.

But the joy was short lived. A couple days after buying them, I put my hair up in a pony tail for the day, using the purple band for the first time. It's important to note it was a first use...

The day went well. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Some light housework, walked the dog a couple times... just the usual. All day my hair was secure. And then in the evening as I was sitting at the computer to check my email, suddenly I felt my hair fall down to my shoulders. I reached back and sure enough, the band had split!



I thought maybe it was just a fluke. But the very next day, the blue one suddenly snapped in the same way while I was out taking a walk, and it bounced off down the road. And as I used each of the bands from the pack, within just one or two uses, they all broke like this.

The idea is nice, but definitely not good in practice.








comments powered by Disqus