Friday, July 5, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

Vaseline - you either love it or you hate it. There seems to be no inbetween.

I love it.



I particularly love my little mini jar, which I refill from a larger jar. It makes it portable so I can always have it on hand.

It's really great for keeping your skin moisturized, though you have to use it the right way to get good results from it. I think that's why some people don't like it: they aren't using it right.

Vasline locks moisture in, but the protective barrier it lends also blocks any further moisture from coming in as well. You have to apply it at the right time and use it in conjunction with other products for it to work. For example, if your lips are dry and just applying your usual lip balm is not doing the trick, what might help is: exfoliate, apply lip balm, let the lip balm sink in for 5 minutes or or, then apply a thin layer of Vaseline. Or if your elbows are dry, immediately after you shower pat your skin dry, apply lotion and let it sink in for 5-10 minutes then apply a thin layer of Vaseline. Get the idea?

Of course there are other reasons some folks don't like Vaseline, I am aware and respect those feelings. I don't have a problem with it though, and I get great results from using it. So, it's one of my favorite products to always have on hand!

comments powered by Disqus