Monday, June 3, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo Swatches

I picked these up first, and then wound up going back for more on a different trip. Clock-wise from top left: Icy Mint, Barely Branded, Inked in Pink, and Waves of White

After my second run to get some more, these are 5 of the 8 LE summer shades. Left to right:  Waves of White, Icy Mint, Precious Pearl, Cool Crush and Shady Shores



I picked up some new shades of Maybelline's Color Tattoo eye shadows a while back. Oh, how I love these things!

Most of them are LE from their summer collection, but two are permanent colors. I couldn't find the other three LE shades yet; hopefully I can stumble on to them soon because based on the pictures I have seen they are lovely!

Up first: Icy Mint. (Limited Edition) I think the name aptly describes the color. It is more sheer than I was expecting, but still very pretty.





 Next, Waves Of White. (Limited Edition) Oh gosh do I love this one! It's a lovely white to aqua duo chrome. I had to intentionally take some out of focus pictures to pick up on the color shift.

with flash

without flash

without flash

without flash



Precious Pearl (Limited Edition) is a very pretty warm (golden) off white duo chrome with a pink shift. This one was even trickier to photograph properly than Waves of White was; had the battery in my DSLR not died I'd have probably had better luck but I was working with my point & shoot at this point in swatching so I did my best. I think this color is comparable to my beloved Urban Decay Fluorescent eye shadow. I will have to compare the two sometime, just to see. I know the UD is more pure white than the golden off white that Precious Pearl is, and Precious Pearl is more shimmery. But I will cover the comparison some other time!


No flash

No flash
No flash. You can sort of see the pink a little better in this picture.






Cool Crush (Limited Edition) is another difficult to photograph duo chrome shade that's very lovely, and probably my favorite of the five LE shades I picked up. It's a beautiful silvery grey with blue-purple shifts, and I noticed that at some angles it even had a green shift as well. This one was pretty impossible to get decent photos of with the point & shoot. Trust me when I say this color is gorgeous!

with flash

at this point my baby girl Rascal decided to come into my room and "help" me finish swatching. ♥
no flash
flash

no flash




Shady Shores (Limited Edition) is yet another duo chrome in the collection. This one is a golden yellow with a green shift. Not really something I normally would have gone for, but I thought it was unique and that it might be a fun one to use in summer. =)








Inked In Pink (permanent) is a pretty metallic rose shade.
flash

no flash


And last, Barely Branded (permanent) which is a beautiful metallic peach-nude. Right up my alley!

no flash

flash

flash






Top: Barely Branded. Bottom: Inked In Pink. Shown with flash.


I seriously adore these shadows and have been so happy to see new shades being released. They are so silky smooth and last all day! If you have not gotten around to trying anything from this line yet I highly recommend you go grab a couple shades asap. They're great! Some shades are not quite as pigmented as others (like Icy Mint for example) and for me I do still have to use a primer to get the best crease-resistant wear from them but even when worn without a primer they have pretty amazing lasting power. Especially the newer shades - they seem to have improved the formula a bit since these shadows first came out. They can be applied with a light hand for softer color or layered for more color, they blend beautifully, and they are just all-around fantastic shadows!



comments powered by Disqus