Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Favorite Lipsticks

I'm a big fan of nude lips, and am always on the hunt for the perfect "my lips but better" shade of lipstick for me. I have not found it yet, but I have come close. Along the way I have found a lot of lipsticks that I really do not like. But I've also found a couple I love.

Left to right: L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude, Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks in Fruit Punch, Milani  in Dulce Caramelo, and Sephora Rouge Shine in No. 9

These are all nudes, if you were hoping for bright, bold color... sorry.

Top to bottom: L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude, Milani in Dulce Caramelo, and Sephora Rouge Shine in No. 9

As you can see, they are all similar in tone, but all different. (Oh how we justify things.) The L'Oreal is a nice creme lipstick, while both the Milani and Sephora have shimmer to them. The Sephora has the glossiest finish, while Milani is the least glossy of the three thus being the one with the longest wear. Though they all have pretty average staying power for lipsticks. I didn't swatch the Maybelline on my arm because it just looks clear, though on the lips it does add the most subtle hint of pink.

Left to right: L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude, Milani in Dulce Caramelo, Sephora Rouge Shine in No. 9, and Maybelline Shine Sensational Pop Sticks in Fruit Punch

The Maybelline is my go-to for the crazy hectic mornings when I over-sleep or hit the snooze button on my alarm one too many times and I need something fast that requires no mirror for application. It's only got the softest hint of color, but it does add a slight sheen to your lips. Nothing crazy, it just looks like you just licked your lips. And it's flavored, I like that aspect of it. And truthfully... I kind of just love the look of this lipstick in the tube. I wish I had been able to find the other colors from this line - they were limited edition. Emily of Beauty Broadcast did a review of them which you can check out by clicking here to see pictures of what these babies look like.



comments powered by Disqus