Friday, May 17, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

I used to not mind changing my nail polish every couple of days. I even looked forward to it. But those were simpler times.

As I've gotten older, I've had more things to deal with in a day. That means less time for manicures, and frankly, as much as I love nail polish, less desire to do my nails. But of course, I still want my nails to look nice.

Using regular polish, my nails are typically chipped within 24-48 hours of application. Even with the best base and top coats, it just doesn't last. I have too much to do to be able to repaint my nails every couple of days to keep them looking nice.

Enter gel nail polish. I love my gel nail polishes! I've been using them for a couple years now and I love them as much as ever. I started out with SensatioNail, but I also really like the Gelish brand as well.

I love taking one night to take a little time for myself, give myself a gel manicure, and then know it's going to keep looking great even through all the laundry, dishes, cleaning, typing and other daily chores for a couple weeks before I will have to re-do them. I love when I have the extra time to do nail art with the gels, and then I actually have time to enjoy the time and work put into the design unlike with regular polish where it's gone before I've even really had a chance to show it off!




I know some of you can't imagine not changing your nail polish every couple of days. I used to feel that way too! But for those who appreciate longer lasting manicures, gels are definitely something to consider!


comments powered by Disqus