Friday, April 12, 2013

Favorite Things Friday

I like to keep my hair longer, most times. Every so often I will cut it and keep it "short" (what is short to me, it's still "long" by society's standards) for a while before growing it out again.

I most often like to take care of my hair cuts and trims myself. I learned a long, long time ago how to trim my own hair and how to do my own basic hair cut, as well as how to do basic layering myself. It's really not as scary as you might think. Not after the first time anyway, the first time is absolutely horrifying lol. Some people scoff at home hair cuts, but honestly, if you know what you're doing it is easy and nobody is ever going to guess you did it yourself. Yes, there are some styles I would not trust myself to do, and I would go to a salon. But for a basic trim, or a simple cut, I have no fears in doing it myself.



Of course you need the proper scissors for the job. You should never use household scissors for cutting your hair. You need proper hair dresser's shears. Some people might want to argue with me on this one but: you don't have to spend a lot of money on good shears. The ones pictured above are my (current) favorites. They're from Goody and cost me $15. They're pretty, and they do the job perfectly.

If you take proper care of your shears - and are mindful to not ever use them for anything else, ever - they should last you a number of years.

comments powered by Disqus