Monday, March 11, 2013

Jesse's Girl Glow Stix Lip Gloss

I really need to stop at Rite Aid more often. They have one of the best makeup departments of all the drugstores in my area. But then... that's exactly why I don't stop there more often. I am broke enough as it is. Every time I do stop at Rite Aid, I spend money on makeup. Doesn't matter if I am going in for one little totally unrelated item - I walk out with at least twenty dollars worth of makeup.

My most recent stop at Rite Aid led me to this GORGEOUS lip gloss from Jesse's Girl. Honestly there is not a whole lot from Jesse's Girl that appeals to me for some reason. But every once in a while I do spot something I have to have, and it's usually a lip gloss. The whole Glow Stix line fascinated me but since I could only get one color for the time being, I chose one of the more unique and fun shades. "Red Dawn". There were I think two other shades that are similar to this one while the rest of the colors were much more "natural" (in comparison to these ones) hues. I almost didn't get this one, but I decided to just go for it. I figured if I hated it, I have a 12 year old niece who would probably love it. But I love it, and now am considering going back to pick up a couple more!

I'm sorry to have to tell you this ladies but you're about to get some serious picture overload on this one. This is just one of those items that requires a dozen pictures to showcase it in a somewhat suitable manner. Video would probably be even better, but I don't do the video thing for numerous reasons. So pictures it is! I'm not even going to interrupt the flow of pictures with any captions or anything. Talk first, then pictures to finish it off.

This lip gloss is packaged in a triangular tube, with a brush applicator. The brush was really stiff when I first opened it and I had to really work it on my lips a bit for it to soften up. The gloss itself is lightweight and not sticky at all. It's staying power is as you would expect from a non-sticky gloss. It essentially applies clear, so it's good for layering over your favorite lipsticks, stains, or other lip glosses. The effect is more subtle on the lips than in the tube. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time in front of the mirror and in front of the camera trying to see if it looks as amazing on the lips as it does in the tube/swatched - you've got to be looking at just the right angle to see the shifts of color but it's there. The most noticeable shift, to me, if the flash of pink/red it gives off. There are moments when the other colors (several shades of green, blue, yellow, orange, even an occasional flash of purple) can be seen. This shade is basically a liquid rainbow for your lips.  If you haven't seen these glosses yet and haven't peeked ahead to the pictures in this post you have no idea what I'm talking about and it might sound too crazy, bold, colorful, weird or whatnot. But it's truly very pretty. Enough talking though because now it is time for the pictures to show you what I'm talking about...























comments powered by Disqus