Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Penguin Makeup Challenge: Black & White



There were two reasons I wanted to participate in this challenge. First of all, I love penguins! Also, I really don't do much with my makeup anymore in terms of doing anything bold or colorful. I have my standard go-to colors, most of which are neutrals, and that is that. I've settled comfortably into my makeup routine and I'm happy with it. Every once in a while though I get the urge to do something different but I can never seem to think of what to do. So I figured that participating in this challenge would give me an excuse, along with some inspiration, to do something different.

This is what I came up with for this week's Black & White challenge.


 

After primer (Urban Decay Primer Potion) I applied a no-name white pigment to the lid wet and then layered more of it dry over top so it would really be visible. Then more of the same pigment dry up to the brow. Then I used Jafra black eye liner to get going with the eye liner which was (obviously) where I decided to have a little fun for this one. After I had penciled on my liner, I traced over it with black liquid liner (Eyeko Grafitti Liner) because the Jafra pencil liner is not very pigmented. Then I went over it again with some lash glue and black micro glitter. Finished up with a couple coats of Too Faced Lashgasm mascara et voila! Simple, and yet bold....

Want to see my other looks for this challenge? Check them out here: Black & Color look, White & Color Look

Check out the other participants' looks below. =) 





comments powered by Disqus