Thursday, July 12, 2012

NOTD

I haven't done a NOTD in what feels like forever.

Nothing fancy here. Just something basic, but still quite pretty. Y'all know what a fan I am of black nail polish, but I had to add a little something to it this time.





This is two coats of a basic black creme (Pure Ice "Black Rage" if you need specifics) and one thick coat of a polish that I got on Listia last year but never did get around to using for a full manicure till now. I'd only tested it out a couple times. I've never seen this brand before, looking at the bottle I'm not even sure what the brand is. (Anyone?) But it's certainly pretty.



It's a bit of a PITA to work with though, hence the use of one thick coat. You've really got to fish around in the bottle for the larger pieces of glitter, and for the stars. But the results - when layered over black, at least - are well worth it in my opinion. It's got a lot more dimension to it than you'd expect it to have by how it looks in the bottle. Gold holographic microglitter plus larger hex glitter in gold and in a holo-ish pink-red-purple color. It depends on how the light hits it what color it is. And of course the little silver stars.

I love it. Here is a closer look on the nail. You can see what I mean by the pink hex glitter taking on a different color depending on how the light hits it, in this picture. You can see a bit of the holo goodness of the microglitter, too.



comments powered by Disqus