Thursday, May 3, 2012

Lipstick vs. Lipgloss

(Just trying to come up with some new content whilst waiting to somehow have money for a new camera to continue doing reviews/swatches.)

Do you prefer lipstick or lipgloss?

I used to strictly be a lipgloss girl. There was a long period of time when I didn't even own a single tube of lipstick and I was totally fine with that. Over the past few years though, lipsticks have slowly taken over. It started with just having one in the collection. And slowly but surely, now I have far more lipsticks than glosses. Ok ok, to be honest most of them I don't even like, they were purchases made hoping to find my perfect my-lips-but-better color and for one reason or another they weren't right. But I still have most of them. Because I hate wasting money, and want to try to find some use for them if possible. I'll probably use them to tint lip balms, it's the easiest way to use up lip colors that you don't like and by only adding small amounts to the lip balm, the color (even when you hate it) isn't so much of a problem anymore. We'll see.

But that issue aside, if I get the lipsticks that I DO like out of my stash, they still outnumber the glosses. And lately I reach for the lipsticks more and more over the gloss.

I personally feel like lipsticks are more mature than glosses. As I've gotten older I've come to prefer it, and I know many of my friends have also gone through the same transition from lipgloss to lipstick as we've grown up and gotten a little older.

Which do you prefer? Has it always been your preference or did you also transition from lipgloss to lipstick (or maybe vice versa?)


comments powered by Disqus