Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Few of my Favorite Things

Whoa. Sorry for being AWOL! I have been posting to my personal blog but not here. Things are insane this year. I have an ever-growing list of things I need to be posting about here, but I never seem to get to it! Ack! I'm sooo sorry you guys! I don't mean to let this blog fall behind, I really don't. I just have so much to do in a day, and not enough time, energy or desire to get to all of it. Especially right now because.... we got a new puppy! She's 8-9 weeks old and 6.5 pounds of pure crazy hahaha! I have some pics and whatnot on my other blog so you can just clicky on over there if you're interested.

ANYWAY. On to this post. Again I have lots of things I need to post but I am so unorganized with all that right now... I will try my best next week to get organized and start getting to all that stuff, but I can't promise more than to try. (I know, I know... I still have not swatched the Kardashian Kolor polishes... and it's been so long they are not new anymore and there's even a second line that's not really new anymore either. O.O Bad beauty blogger!!!)

So just to get a post up, I thought I'd do a little rundown of some of my favorite products that I use most often. I like my makeup to be ultra-natural looking and soft... so, these are all products that I use to get that kind of look ON ME. Just because these are my go-to products for "not wearing makeup" makeup doesn't mean that is how they would necessarily look on you. If you're a ridiculously pale redhead (naturally, not from a box) with eyes that can't decide if they're brown or green (haha) and fairly rosy lips, then yeah, your chances of these working for the same soft natural look are better.

Eyes:

Urban Decay eye shadow in Fluorescent - I LOVE this eye shadow. Of course it was discontinued a long time ago. My last tin still has a lot of use to it but I hit pan a long time ago and it's days are definitely numbered now... so sad. This is an awesome soft white-pink duochrome with subtle shimmer. Lurves it so very much. I'll be so bummed when I use it up and have to toss the empty tin, knowing I can't replace it...

Physician's Formula Matte Collection Quad in Canyon Classics - When opting for a natural look I use the two lightest shades from this palette. Occasionally I'll dip ever so lightly into the darker brown. Mostly I use just the lightest shade though.

Just For Redheads Mascara Naturelle in Ginger Red - My only gripe about my favorite mascara ever is that it's not waterproof. This is a great slightly brown tinged red mascara that looks really natural on my naturally pale strawberry blonde lashes. It deepens the natural color of my lashes so they stand out more, but without screaming "I'm wearing mascara!". When I want a slightly darker look I opt for the shade Ginger Brown, which is a red tinged light brown. It offers up a similarly natural look, but is more noticeable than the Ginger Red.

Blush:

Mark Just Pinched blush stick in Cheeky - This is the one I go for when I'm in a hurry. It's a pretty pink shade with very subtle shimmer. You can't beat a blush stick for speedy application - a quick swipe followed by a quick blend with your fingers & done!

Ulta Cheek Color in Girlie - This is a really nice matte peachy pink. It isn't super pigmented like some blushes but that's part of what I love about it, because that makes accidentally over-doing it pretty impossible. Nice when you're short on time to not have to worry about heavy blush!

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Rose Petal - I only got this a couple days ago but yeah, it's already on my favorites list! I love the texture of this blush, you can't deny it's unique! It's a soft, shimmery pink shade and it applies like a dream. (Appropriate, given the name!) This particular shade not overly pigmented but it still has really nice color payoff and a little goes a long way. It's so smooth and silky once applied... love it! I definitely want to try a couple more shades from this line, now!

Lips:

L'Oreal Colour Rich lipstick in Fairest Nude - First off, HUGE thanks to reader Nicole C for turning me on to this lipstick! It's fantastic - I'm thrilled to have picked it up! It's maybe half a shade at most off from my ultimate perfect lipstick shade... in other words, probably about as perfect as it's gonna get so it works for me! It's nice and lightweight and doesn't dry my lips out, and it's an ideal 'swipe it on and go' shade - no mirror necessary. Makes me happy to have this one! =)

Hard Candy Visibly Wet Lip Gloss Pencil in Glamazon - Kind of like the lip gloss sister to the above mentioned lipstick, and it also layers over said lipstick beautifully to add a glossy finish. It's very similar in color, but sheer. It's not an overly glossy finish, more of a 'just licked your lips' wet look. I love the solid formula because it makes application super quick and easy, and it's not sticky at all. Lightweight and non drying. A perfect gloss, in my opinion!


What are some of your favorite go to products?


comments powered by Disqus