Saturday, December 10, 2011

SinfulColors Holiday 2011 - Wish



Bells are jingling, snow is glistening and merry tunes abound: It's the season of shimmer (aka: the holidays) and glamour, of course. And your nails deserve a little gift and loving too. Welcome the SinfulColors holiday 2011 collection, Wish, which delights and excites. The collection takes classic colors - like red, green, silver and blue - and kicks them up a notch to be fashion-forward and festive to ring in 2012.

The complete SinfulColors Wish collection for holiday 2011 includes:

Five gem-inspired shades of polish:
SUGAR SUGAR: a candy cane, red-hot tint
MIDNIGHT BLUE: a bold, bright twist on navy
LAST CHANCE: an emerald with depth and allure
DADDY'S GIRL: a deep purple with a drizzle of shimmer and glitter
OUT OF THIS WORLD: a perfect silver with swirls of glimmer

Two metallic shades of nail art:
FLOWER GIRL: a bronzy gold with tons of sparkle
FASHIONISTA: a glitter-laden pewter





I had to swatch these differently than I normally would thanks to being short on time and having some acrylic issues - I got my replacement kit from Nailene. But upon removing the one color I did get to paint on all nails  with non-acetone remover, the acrylic started gumming up and coming off. So maybe the first kit wasn't bad, but the remover is the cause of the problems. Who knows. My niece is also here for the weekend and the poor kid is sick as a dog, so pair that with the acrylic issues and I needed to get these swatched and get this post made as quickly as possible - which meant one color per fingernail to get them all done in one quick shot. (Except Daddy's Girl, which I used yesterday.)

Above is the description of this collection and each of the colors as stated from SinfulColors. And here is what I think. We'll start with the nail colors and finish up with the nail art colors.

Midnight Blue - Aptly described as a bright navy blue, this is a lovely metallic blue that's opaque in two coats but you could easily get by with just one coat if necessary. In the above photos it is shown at two coats. It's very similar to Pure Ice "Calypso" but deeper and less metallic. A fairly standard shade that is easy to find, though.

Last Chance - Again perfectly described as emerald; this is a gorgeous deep , dark green creme. I thought I may have already had a shade similar to this but I don't; all my greens have shimmer in them. The formula was perfect, and it is pictured above at two coats.

Sugar Sugar - Too deep to be 'candy cane' red, this is a nice deep ruby shade with red and coppery shimmer. The little flakey, shimmery bits stand out more in the bottle than they do on the nail, which was a little disappointing because in the bottle they're vibrant little sparks of color. On the nail though this feels like a rather standard red shade I've probably got several bottles of already from other brands. Pictured above at two coats.

Out Of This World - Described as "perfect silver" is probably right! This is a really nice soft metallic silver; very wearable. The shimmer in this one stands out more on the nail than in the bottle yet still remains slightly subtle. Pictured above at two coats, almost completely opaque at the tips.

Daddys Girl - My favorite of the collection. This is a deep purple with tiny iridescent flakey bits in it. I love the depth of this one, and in different lighting it can look vastly different. I couldn't capture the beauty of this one with my camera at all. As the one polish I had applied to all my nails (and then decided I liked it so much I left it on for the day before finally decided that I needed to swatch the rest of the colors) I was able to get more pictures of this one from different angles and with different lighting to attempt to capture how lovely it is. I didn't quite succeed but hopefully these give you an idea how beautiful this color is. It is more sheer than the others, and it's pictured at 3 coats. 



Flower Girl is exactly as described; a nice shimmer-infused bronze tinged gold nail art polish. Lovely, the formula is perfect and the brush is sized just right for making thin stripes.

Fashionista, however, is not quite what I expected. It's a clear base with small silver hex glitter. The brush seems just slightly thicker than the one in Flower Girl and the formula is a bit thicker. The glitter is not dense enough for creating solid lines of glitter with it. Might work out well for doing a silver glitter gradient, but not quite what I expect from a nail art polish.

Overall the entire collection is nice, and the formula is just about perfect for most of the colors. A couple colors are kind of standard but then you have the stand outs with Out Of This World and Daddys Girl.

More on SinfulColors: SinfulColors surpasses the masses with more than 150 amazing shades of nail polish, including the above-mentioned shades. All hues are available for $1.99 at major drug and mass-market stores nationwide, by calling 1-800-448-0763 or online at www.walgreens.com.  


I received these polishes free for review.


comments powered by Disqus