Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Chaos

Wow. I didn't realize how long it had been since I last posted. I always underestimate how busy I get this time of year. Between all the holidays and birthdays (loads of birthdays this time of year in my family!) it's a steady stream of chaos. I don't know how it's possible - considering it's like this EVERY year - but I always somehow forget how crazy things get. This year was extra crazy though. One week the car died (as in it would cost more to fix it than what we paid for it in the first place) and the week after that the stove caught fire. And that's just the very short version of just a couple of the things that have been going on keeping things chaotic around here!

I soaked off my acrylics last night after one nail lost a big piece of acrylic while I was washing dishes. I'm still waiting on the new kit to arrive; in the mean time I'm giving my nails a much needed break. No polish for a while, just lots of cuticle oils and lotions to help get them back in better shape.

My stash needs organized and cleared out in a very bad way. Organization has never been one of my strengths. Oh sure, given the right motivation I can get things organized to the point it's almost disgusting and OCD-like. But keeping things organized? That is a completely different ballgame - one I'm not very good at playing, apparently. I'll have to work on that. But in thinking over this one I realized I've acquired a decent number of polishes over the last several weeks that I have not swatched yet. I'll save the swatching for once my nails are looking better, but for now here are bottle pics of the polishes that are awaiting their fifteen minutes on the blog. =)

Funky Fingers "Baby-Baby-Baby", "Sand & Stilettos", "Power Chord" and "Teal Scales" (Teal Scales is a crackle)


Salon Perfect "Pumpkin", "Cracked Copper" and "Cracked Rose" (Copper & Rose are crackles)


Bon Bons fuchsia & blue bar glitter, Petites "Pretty In Pink", Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear "Celeb City" and a no-name gold/pink/silver star glitter


Nicole by O.P.I. Kardashian Kolor collection glitters: "Wear Something Spar-Kylie", "Rainbow In The S-Kylie", "Follow Me On Glitter", "Disco Dolls" and "Kendall On The Katwalk"


comments powered by Disqus