Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Halloween Tutorials - #1 - Candy Corn

I've got a little series of Halloween themed tutorials for you. Most of them are free-hand designs, which means they're not great but I do the best I can with my limited artistic skills. I had planned to start working on these tutorials sooner, but ended up not getting to it till now. So, I did all of them in one day simply because if I didn't do them all at once I probably would not have gotten all of them done. As such, I only did each design on one nail rather than in a full manicure. I did it this way to both save time and to save my nails and cuticles from having to be subjected to too much nail polish remover in one sitting. I have been having some issues with my camera lately too so I apologize that the pictures are not as clear as they should be.

Up first is a simple one that anybody can do - candy corn nails. Pretty much everyone has done candy corn nails before though the ones I have seen have just made stripes of color. I decided to sponge mine on instead. 

Start with a white creme polish as your base color. Wait for this to dry completely.



Then sponge some orange polish to the middle of your nail and allow it to dry. (See the sponging tutorial if you're not familiar with the technique.) 


Then sponge yellow polish below the orange.


Add some top coat (one with some subtle glitter is nice) and you're set. 


comments powered by Disqus