Sunday, October 16, 2011

Halloween Tutorial # 3 - Witch



I've got a little series of Halloween themed tutorials for you. Most of them are free-hand designs, which means they're not great but I do the best I can with my limited artistic skills. I had planned to start working on these tutorials sooner, but ended up not getting to it till now. So, I did all of them in one day simply because if I didn't do them all at once I probably would not have gotten all of them done. As such, I only did each design on one nail rather than in a full manicure. I did it this way to both save time and to save my nails and cuticles from having to be subjected to too much nail polish remover in one sitting. I have been having some issues with my camera lately too so I apologize that the pictures are not as clear as they should be.

For this design I started with a light purple base color.


Make a small triangle with black nail art polish, extending the lower edge past the sides a bit. This makes your witch's hat. Fill in the triangle with black. I added a thin orange stripe to mine, which I think really helps add to the look, but you could skip it.






Next use a light to medium green shade to make your witch's head; the shape is a bit circular with a little bit of a rounded point at the bottom for the chin.


Next add eyes. The easiest way (for me) to make eyes is to start with dots of white, then add smaller dots of black for the pupils.



Next I add a curved line for the nose; it's much like a little letter "c".


Now add the mouth.




And finally add a few short, slightly curved lines on the sides of the face coming downward from the hat to make hair.




Let it dry a good bit before applying top coat so nothing smears.




comments powered by Disqus