Wednesday, August 10, 2011

EOTD - Glitter Sniffer Cosmetics (Review)

Quite a while ago my mom asked me if I had ever tried anything from Glitter Sniffer Cosmetics. (She is friends with a friend of the owner, or something like that. It's been so long I can't remember.) I had never even heard of them but I found their site and ooh'd and ahh'd over the colors and collections as any self respecting makeup addict would do upon finding a new company to check out. It took me a while, for various reasons, to be able to purchase. But I finally got to order and my package arrived at the beginning of this week.

I don't have swatches yet. I only ordered a sample pack (which GS calls "Teaser Packs") to start out. The samples come in little baggies and are quite generous. I'd love to say about how many uses you could get from each one, however that really highly depends on how much product you use at a time. I know with BFTE samples many have said you will get 2-3 uses from them but I personally get a dozen or so uses from most of them. (Guess I don't use nearly as much product as most makeup mavens do?) 

I've not taken swatches of the colors yet. I'll try to get to that in the next couple of days. The samples came well packaged and wrapped flawlessly with black tissue paper and pink ribbon. (Love. You can't go wrong with pink and black!) I didn't get a picture of this though as I was just too excited to open it up and see the colors. Sorry. lol I did some very quick swatches the other night just so I could see the colors. They are all lovely - I can't wait for you guys to see these colors! (There is a chance I will be swatching them tomorrow but I can't promise that for sure, I have a lot to take care of right now but it will definitely be soon if I can't get to it tomorrow!)

I did do a quick look with a couple of the colors today. I decided to try out the greens that were in my sample pack.


Except for eye liner (NYX Glitter Eye Liner "Disco Queen") and mascara (Just For Redheads Mascara Naturale "Ginger Red") everything was from Glitter Sniffer. 
 
The colors were all silky smooth and applied like a dream, and they blended beautifully. (Applied over Too Faced Shadow Insurance... never apply pigments without a base/primer!)  They wear very well. I'm definitely going to be adding some full-sized products to my stash as soon as possible. (I already have a couple favorites from the samples.) Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already!

Now I just need to save up for some new contacts so I can actually really see what I'm doing when applying my makeup so I can do a better job. lol Been without my contacts for so long now (part of why I haven't been wearing much makeup lately) and I miss them so bad!


 
comments powered by Disqus