Friday, July 15, 2011

Tresemmé Fresh Start

I have really taken to Tresemmé products over the past several months. I used to occasionally use some of their shampoos and conditioners if they were on sale but honestly I was never too impressed with them and liked the results from other brands I was using better. But several months ago I tried their Climate Control shampoo and conditioner and fell in love (I'll review those in the future) and so I've been exploring their line of products a little more. Over the past few weeks I've been using two products from their Fresh Start line and I really love them!

If you are like me and you don't wash your hair on a daily basis then you know that sometimes the days between washing your hair can look a little dull or flat. The Fresh Start line contains products meant for those days to help freshen up your hair to keep it looking fabulous between washings. The specific products I will be reviewing today are the Waterless Foam Shampoo and Refreshing Mist.


First things first though, when talking hair care products it is usually helpful to know hair types. My hair type is 2a-m/c-iii. If you don't have a clue what this means, check out Fia's Hair Typing System to learn about hair types and to determine your own hair type. (Note that when you are determining your own hair type it is best to work with freshly washed hair that's been combed through and allowed to dry naturally with no styling products applied.) Beyond this general hair type you should also know that my hair is waist length, is completely "virgin hair" (meaning it has not been chemically treated in any way such as with hair dye or perms etc.) and I don't use many styling products on it. My scalp tends to be on the dry side so moisturizing products are a must for me, and my hair is prone to frizz.

So with all that out of the way let's start with the Waterless Foam Shampoo:

To use this shampoo you start, obviously, with DRY hair. The instructions indicate to use two to three pumps for mid-length hair. For my long, thick hair I divide my hair into two sections (like for pig tails) and bring each section over my shoulders and use 3-4 pumps per section. You use your fingers to work the product throughout your hair. Then use a towel to GENTLY rub your hair. No crazy business here - rubbing too vigorously leads to breakage and that's not pretty! This step is to help remove dirt, oil and residue from your hair. After this you're done if you so wish or you can use further products/style as usual. Your hair will be slightly damp. I've found this works really well; my hair looks clean and smells fabulous after using this. The shampoo doesn't leave any residue behind, nor does it leave your hands sticky at all. Again it's worth noting that I don't typically use many styling products in my hair and most days I don't use styling products at all. If you use a lot of products in your hair then your results from the Waterless Foam Shampoo may be different.

After using the Waterless Foam Shampoo I like to use the Refreshing Mist. Just a couple sprays and done. It smells great too and helps give the hair a nice shine and helps smooth down some of the frizziness I often get between washings.. It has the same light, clean fragrance that the shampoo has.

Tresemmé also offers two more products in the Fresh Start line: Dry Shampoo and No Frizz Créme. The Dry Shampoo is recommended for oily to normal hair while the Waterless Foam Shampoo is recommended for dry to normal hair. My hair could always use extra moisture, which is why I chose the Waterless Foam Shampoo. Both the Refreshing Mist and No Frizz Créme are ideal for all hair types.

Cost: Depending on your location and where you shop these products can range (from what I have seen) between roughly $4-$6 a piece. Perfect prices for those who are on a tight budget.

I really can't rave enough about these products, I absolutely love them and will without a doubt repurchase many times!



 
comments powered by Disqus