Saturday, July 16, 2011

Swatch - Pure Ice "Rosebud"

It's been forever since I've bought new nail polish, I know. Oh believe me I know. lol The other day when I was out shopping though I had my oldest niece with me and she wanted to look at the nail polish. What kind of aunt would I be to deny her the pleasure? She picked out a color she wanted (which she took home with her as well and I didn't get a chance to photograph it or even get the color name from the bottle!) and while she was picking out which one she wanted I couldn't help but browse the selection and pick one out for myself. =)

I ended up deciding on Pure Ice "Rosebud", which is a GORGEOUS bright, shimmery pink. What you see in the bottle is what you'll get on your nails. (I love it when that happens!) It is a little on the sheer side but applies beautifully. Depending on the lighting it occasionally takes on an orange-ish tone and the shimmer sometimes looks more coppery-gold than pink. Dry time was average, and it dries to a nice glossy finish. Quite possibly my new favorite pink polish to be completely honest. 

Here are a couple swatches. This is two coats, no top coat and after two days of wear. (I just didn't feel like having to wait for top coat to dry. It was a humid day.) Both pictures are indoors with no flash; the first picture was beside a window with more direct sunlight and the second was by a doorway with no direct sunlight at all. 





 
comments powered by Disqus