Friday, March 18, 2011

NOTD

I've been wearing a lot of darker nail colors lately and I wanted to change it up and do something softer and girly. So of course, I ended up deciding on a French mani. Soft and girly but still fun and amped up a bit with some glitter and rhinestones.


I started off with a coat of Color Club's Milky White base coat. Then I applied two coats of L'Oreal "I Pink I'm In Love". I actually wanted to Konad on some cute french tips but my stamper has gone missing. So instead I just freehanded some classic v tips with Sally Hansen Hard As Nails XTreme Wear in White On. Then I added a thin stripe of Stripe Rite pink glitter but that did not work out quite so well and the lines are thicker than I wanted. I had not used it for a while and it's thickened up a lot. Can you use regular polish thinner to thin these out? I don't have any anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. But anyway then I finished it off with small bright pink rhinestones and topped it off with a nice thick coat of Seche Vite. 

I like how having the Milky White base coat on accentuates the blue in I Pink I'm In Love - makes it almost duo-chromy.

My nails are finally almost sorta long again too - yay! But of course this happens just as gardening season will be getting under way. Oi. Never ending cycle!


comments powered by Disqus