Friday, February 18, 2011

Dr.'s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish

Hey everyone! I'm finally back. Thanks for sticking with me. I've had a stressful couple of weeks but things are getting back to normal now thank goodness. 

A couple weeks ago I was contacted about Dr.'s Remedy Enriched Nail polish. This is a new line of polishes and right away I was intrigued. The polishes are "big 3 free" which is becoming more and more common among many lines these days. But what is different is that the Dr.'s Remedy line of polishes contain Tea Tree Oil (which you all should know I adore), Wheat Protein, Vitamins C and E, and Garlic Bulb Extract. So not only are these polishes free of harmful ingredients, they also contain ingredients that can help to improve the condition of your nails. (For details on how these ingredients are beneficial, see the FAQ page on the Dr.'s Remedy site by clicking here.)



I received  the Winter Collection colors to review.

Healing Heather Grey, described as "a seductive pewter with deep blue undertones"

 Indoors with flash

Outdoors, no flash

This is a gorgeous cement grey creme polish. It's pictured at two coats. The first coat was a little sheer and slightly streaky, but the second coat evened it out perfectly and is completely opaque. It applied very well, and dry time was a bit better than average. And you see how glossy it is?! Yes ladies - those pictures are the polish with NO top coat.

Revive Ruby Red is described as "a shimmer-infused, Wizard of Oz-inspired shade of crimson"

 Indoors with flash

Outdoors no flash

This is a very pretty red frost polish. The shimmer in it is subtle but it adds great dimension to the color. Unlike a lot of frost finish polishes visible brushstrokes wasn't really a problem. You can see them if you look very very closely, but it takes some serious scrutinizing to see them. In other words... you're the only person who is ever going to see them and only if you really sit and stare hard enough at your nails looking for them. This applies well, and like Heather Grey it was sheer and a little streaky with one coat but the second coat evened everything out and was completely opaque. Dry time was average, this one took longer than the Heather Grey to dry. It also has a great, glossy finish. (Again, that's it on it's own with no top coat!)

And last but not least, Desire Dark Brown, which is described as "a cocoa-meets-hot fudge handsome hue"

Indoors with flash

Outdoors no flash

This is a dark, chocolatey brown creme polish. This is pictured at one coat. There were some slight streaks to it with just one coat but it was not so noticeable that I felt a need for a second coat, and had I been a little more careful with application I honestly don't think it would have been an issue at all. Dry time was a little better than average. Again it's pictured with no top coat. It applied very well. Quite possibly my favorite brown creme polish ever!

All three of these polishes applied very well; the formulas are not too thick and not too thin. Very easy to work with. I've not yet subjected these to the usual beating my nail polish gets with daily chores as I've been too busy with the other things going on the past couple of weeks, however I've been typing a lot the past few days and so far Ruby Red (which I've been wearing since Tuesday morning) is surviving the type-a-thon with very minimal wear and yes that's without top coat. So that seems promising to me. =) They are standard .5 fluid ounce bottles - most brands contain this amount of polish or very close to it.

As this is a new line, they do not have many colors just yet, and most of the colors available are pretty standard - mostly reds and pinks at the moment. They also have a cuticle oil and a moisturizing treatment. Of course there is a base coat and a top coat available, as well as a French Manicure Kit. The press kit (which you can view on their web site, it is a PDF file with lots of pictures and information about the line) also shows a nail polish remover that I would love to get my hands on and try out. The polishes are pricey at $16 a bottle. Not really a price tag that fits into my personal budget right now, however I would be willing to save a while for a color that really stood out to me. I think they are definitely worth trying out, as they are extremely nice polishes. I love that they have nourishing ingredients in them - continued use will be the only thing to tell how much of a difference that makes over regular polish, of course, but so far I'm very impressed by this line. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on the web site to see what new colors are added to the line. 4 of 5 stars from me.


 Dr.’s REMEDY is sold online at www.remedynails.com or by calling 1-877-323-NAIL.

Disclaimer: While I received these products for free in exchange for review all opinions are my own. I am not being compensated in any way in exchange for this review.


comments powered by Disqus