Tuesday, January 11, 2011

NOTD


I'm not sure how I feel about this one to be honest. I think if the base color were pinker, maybe... 

2 coats Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "Naked Ambition", sponged a *grey franken on the tips then applied some Revlon "Belle" on the tips as well. Really had to fish around for the hex glitter, that was really the only glitter I wanted on the tips but wound up with some of the smaller glitter as well of course. To finish it off I used cute butterfly water decals from Viva La Nails on ring fingers and thumbs only, and embellished the butterflies and flowers with tiny pink pearls also from Viva La Nails. Topped everything off with some Seche Vite as always. 

* I didn't realize at the time but my franken turned out very much like Color Club "Wild Orchid".

A touch off topic, perhaps, but I still don't know about the Complete Salon Manicure line. Granted I've only tried four colors from the line but only one of them is half decent not including the undeniably spectacular "Hidden Treasure". The color used for this NOTD and the other creme color I had (Polar Bare) are ok but they're a real PITA to apply; streaky like crazy even after 3-4 coats. It actually seems like the more coats applied, the worse it looks. I've seen some swatches of some cremes from this line that look totally gorgeous, but many of those colors I can't find anyway and even if I could I have my doubts they are truly as lovely as they look. Two flawed cremes and a so-so frost have made me more than a little hesitant to bother trying any other colors from the line no matter how pretty they may look in the bottle.


comments powered by Disqus