Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year = CT For Me!

I'm not big on new year's resolutions. Shoot I'm not big on the whole fuss over new year's in general. I went to bed at 10:30 on Friday night and of course was woken up at midnight by screaming neighbors shooting guns and setting off fireworks for over 30 minutes. I mean, yeah we all survived another year and that's awesome. But cause for such late night ruckus? Meh. I'll pass thank-you-very-much! 

But despite that I do have a new year's resolution of sorts. I'm going CT. Sad, yes; but it must be done. My stash has once again gotten out of control. This applies to both nail polish and cosmetics. There is nail polish everywhere - I simply have too much to store it all neatly in one place anymore. As for the cosmetics... My train case and Hard Candy bag are both packed full and yet there is still more without a cozy home so it's stuffed into an extra purse which is also quite full. This madness simply has to stop! 

So. here and now CT begins. I am waiting on the arrival of a Cherry Culture order I placed last month (Christmas gift from my awesome mommy!) and that will be the last of my purchases. FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR. No matter how pretty, how awesome, how unique, how affordable.... I am not buying any more makeup or nail polish for the year of 2011. Instead I will use what I already have and hopefully actually finish a good number of products in the process. 

There are a couple exceptions to this. For nails, I will repurchase base and top coats only as needed and only one bottle at a time. And as for cosmetics I will repurchase mascara and eye liner one at a time and only as needed. But other than those items I'll be walking around with the proverbial blinders on. Should something happen to find it's way into my line of sight and I decide I want it... I'll put that money into my bank instead. It will be interesting at the end of the year to see how much money is saved by passing on the urge to purchase pretty cosmetics and nail polishes... 



comments powered by Disqus