Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Product Sighting - SH Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips

I was out shopping today for a few essentials and of course that always means a stroll through the cosmetics department. I saw this new product from Sally Hansen and wanted to share. As usual sorry for the crummy cell cam pics. Unless someone wants to foot the bill for me to get a better cell phone & service, this is as good as it's gonna get. LOL 








A couple years ago Avon had a product like this but I never did get to try those out before they were discontinued. As for the Sally Hansen ones... well... I'm not going to be trying these any time soon. I love the concept, a couple of those prints are pretty interesting, but the price? Oh HELL no! 

There are 16 strips per box. Not even enough for two manicures. They couldn't have thrown in four more? Even if they had though to me the price is still far too much... $8.50 a pop! No joke! (Should have taken a pic of the price too, which BTW was nowhere to be found on the display. I had to take a box to the price scanner in order to figure out the cost.) I'd picked out three that I thought might be fun to have, thinking if they were around $4 it MIGHT be worth it to try them out and that I would at least pick just one of them to try. (Even $4 would be pushing it big time for only enough product for one measly manicure though!) 

Now granted the boxes each also include a cuticle stick, mini file and buffer. But still... I am having a hard time wrapping my head around almost $10 for one stinking manicure. If I'm gonna pay that much for one mani, may as well pay a couple extra bucks and really go to a salon to get something fabulous done! I can justify a bottle of polish for that price when I get dozens of manis from it. I'm sorry, SH, but that price is just far far too much for me. I'm sure there are plenty who can and will drop that amount of cash on this product (Frock Star seems to be most popular, only one left on the display when I saw it) however I work too hard for my meager income and really can't justify purchasing this particular product with that price tag. No way, no how, no if's and's or but's about it.



comments powered by Disqus