Thursday, January 13, 2011

Amuse Fan Powder Brush



When I saw this brush on Cherry Culture, I really wanted to give it a try. The price was right ($2.50) and I just really liked the shape of the handle. 

After using it a while, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I really do like the size and shape of the handle. It isn't exactly "ergonomic" but it is different and it just fits my hands well when I use it. It's cute and small, the handle measures just under 3 inches in length.



As for how well it works? I have tried it out to apply each of the following powder products: translucent powder/ mineral finishing powder, blush, highlighter, and bronzer. I personally think this brush is most suited for applying highlighter. I don't feel the bristles are fluffy enough for the others. The bristles could be softer as well, they're a little bit "rough" for my preferences. The good news is that they don't shed.

I would not be likely to repurchase in the future when this one needs replacing. It's a cute brush to have added to my little brush collection, but not really a necessary one to have either. I like my softer, fluffier powder brush. In my opinion, most makeup junkies can pass on this brush though perhaps those who like to have different brushes for each product and who don't have lots to spend on brushes might like to have this on hand for highlighter. There are likely other options out there that would be a bit better though for not much more money. If the bristles were softer and a bit more fluffy this would be a much better brush.




comments powered by Disqus