Saturday, November 20, 2010

Review: Eyeko Graffiti Eye Liner


As part of a recent purchase I made with Eyeko, I got the Graffiti Eye Liner Pen in Purple.

Now, as some of you may know I am completely eye liner challenged. Hence I often choose not to use it. I just don't have the time to fuss with it, and even when I do take the time to use it I can never seem to get the results I want from it. (In other words, it never looks right, is never even on both eyes etc.) But I do like to try new eye liners from time to time despite this. Enter the Graffiti liner.



I chose purple because purples help bring out the green in my hazel (brown/green) eyes. Anything that will help make the green pop, I love. Purples will do it every time.

This eye liner is pretty awesome to me because it gives results much like liquid liner (oh, the horror stories I have of trying to apply liquid liner!) but it's with the convenience (even to liner challenged me!) of being packaged like a pencil so it's easier to use. It has a wonderful felt tip on it that is firm so it holds it's shape, but it's soft and has some flex to it so it's comfortable to use. It's fantastic for applying a super thin line or you can just as easily get thicker lines with it.



This eye liner is also buildable. I wasn't aware eye liner could do that. (Maybe this is only news to someone who is not all that familiar with eye liner.) Applying one layer of it gives a great amount of color but you can definitely layer this to get a bolder look. You have to love having options!



I like that this dries quickly, but not so quickly that you don't have time to work with it a little as needed. It's pretty smudge proof too, another plus. I was not too impressed by it's lasting power though. It's supposed to be long-lasting, but the times I have used it (with Too Faced Shadow Insurance and without any primer at all, for the sake of experimenting) I've felt it fades faster than I'd prefer. It'll last a few hours, but I felt a need to touch it up in the afternoon. 

Overall: I like it. I wouldn't say I'm in love with this product simply because eye liner, again, just isn't my thing. It is definitely among my favorite colored eye liners that I have tried though. I feel like it applies more smoothly than my pencil liners and as previously mentioned liquid liner and I do NOT mix lol. Gel liners are too much work for me. But Graffiti Eye Liner is pretty quick and easy to use, even for me. I'd recommend it, because it is easy to use and somewhat versatile in that you can apply thick or thin lines and it can be layered. Just know that it may not last as long as you'd like.


Remember when you shop with Eyeko to use my Ambassador Code E11100 for a free gift with purchases over £10/€12/$15; can't be combined with other offers.

Please note: The product(s) mentioned in this post were purchased by me with my own money. I am not being compensated in any way in exchange for this review.



comments powered by Disqus