Thursday, October 7, 2010

Review: Eyeko Cream

Eyeko Cream is a 3-in-1 product that acts as a moisturizer, highlighter and eye cream. 



What Eyeko says:
Create a flawless base with Eyeko's 3-in-1 Cream

MOISTURISER, HIGHLIGHTER & EYE CREAM in 1!

Infused with skin perfecting light reflectors and antioxidant Vitamins A& E plus a Vitamin C boost for a radiant, clear complexion.
Eyeko says: "To get that A-list glow skip foundation and use Eyeko Cream all over focusing on the eye and cheek area for lit from within skin."

What I think:
 

First of all, as with all Eyeko products, the packaging is adorable. I love having this cute little pink jar in my makeup bag! The texture of the cream is very smooth and rich. It is a lovely golden pink pearly cream with subtle shimmer. You only need a tiny bit of this at a time and you're good to go. You could easily over-do it and wind up looking shiny rather than getting a soft glow so you do have to be careful of how much you use. 



I've used this all over instead of foundation on days when I wanted a soft, glowy look with my makeup and didn't have time to fuss with a lot of products. I've also used it to highlight my cheekbones and it works well either way. It is not as moisturizing as a straight-up moisturizer but as someone with dry skin I definitely appreciate that it does do some minimal moisturizing. I've also used this to clean up any under-eye smudges throughout the day. I usually use my regular facial moisturizer for this. I just dab a small amount on the back of my hand and then dip a Q-Tip in it, making sure not to get too much, and then use it to wipe away any eye makeup that has smudged or run down under my eyes through the day. Using the Eyeko Cream for this as opposed to regular facial moisturizer brightens up the eye area due to the subtle shimmer in the cream. 

I actually also used this as an eye shadow base a couple times, just out of curiosity. It works very well for this purpose! It is almost as good as Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Because of the slight golden pink tint, some colors may not apply as well over this as they would over TFSI or another eye primer. But neutrals show up beautifully, and I've used some other colors that look lovely over this as well. The shadows blend pretty well over this, though not as well as over TFSI. They last without fading or creasing about as long as with TFSI though, so that's great.It won't get you through the day as well or as long as TFSI, but it comes close. It wouldn't be what you want to use if you know you're in for a very long day but if you're heading out for a couple hours, it's going to get the job done.

Encouraged by it's performance as an eye shadow primer, I have tried it out a couple times as a primer under my foundation. I don't know if it's because I'm currently having some issues with my foundation (see this post, if you haven't already) but I was not as happy with it that way. I didn't notice the foundation (or bronzer/blush, either) applying any better (or worse) than it does when used without any sort of primer at all. Using it under foundation did help give me a more glowy finish overall though, so maybe it's just that I'm having issues with my foundation. I would recommend if you try this as a face primer, use a matte bronzer and/or blush. Anything with shimmer on top of the shimmer of the Eyeko Cream is too much IMHO. But then I guess if that's the look you are going for, it would be lovely. =)

Overall I really like this product. It is $14USD a jar, which I believe is a very good deal because one jar will last you a LONG time since a little goes a long way with this stuff! I'd recommend this to those who like having multi-use products on hand and who like subtle shimmer. It's a really lovely product and the price is right for those on a tight budget. I give Eyeko Cream 4 out of 5 stars. =)

You can purchase this (and other Eyeko products) at www.eyeko.com. Don't forget when you shop with Eyeko you can enter my Ambassador Code - E11100 - for a free gift with your purchases over £10/€12/$15.

*Please note this product was purchased with my own money and this review is 100% my honest opinion on the product. I am not being compensated in any way in exchange for this review.



comments powered by Disqus