Thursday, September 9, 2010

EOTD - Calendar Inspired

As promised, from my recent poll here is the second option that was voted for: September's photo on one of my calendars. 

Before we get into the makeup, I want to share quickly about the inspiration for this look. I have calendars in nearly every room of the house, most of which yes were purchased from the store. But I also have monthly calendars that I print out with my own photos, and these tend to be the ones that I will use to write down appointments and other events and such. I print them out from this site: free printable calendars.

For my inspiration for this look, I opted for the calendar that I printed out with this photo:


The past two years we've had the pleasure of taking care of monarch caterpillars and releasing them once they've emerged from their cocoons as butterflies. It's such a fascinating process to witness. =) 

Now, on to the makeup! 




Products used:

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Mad Minerals "Trust Fund" (inner 3/4 of lid & inner half of crease)
Too Faced "Naughty Or Nice" palette - black e/s (outer 1/4 of lid & outer half of crease)
LA Colors "Darling" palette - white e/s (inner corner & brow)
Sally Girl Baked e/s "Dark Purple" (lower lash line)
Styli-Style Line & Seal 24/7 eye liner "Soft Black" (tight line outer half of top lash line, along lower water line)
Just For Redheads Mascara Naturelle "Ginger Brown"

As usual I topped the eye liner on the water line with black eye shadow (from the Too Faced palette used for this look) to help it last longer. I actually didn't do anything for cheeks or lips (not going anywhere so it really doesn't matter) but if I were to finish the whole look I'd use a soft apricot shade of blush and a pinky peach lip color. =)


comments powered by Disqus