Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Couple Recent NOTD's

Sorry for the lack of new posts. Life is crazy right now, and in addition to the chaos I've also been helping my neighbor stain her deck. With the weather and the fact that it's quite a spacious deck, we're just doing bits here and there when we can. And of course that leads to getting stain all over lol - thus I've not done my nails in a week. Not much point in painting them if I'm going to get stain all over anyway and then the lacquer thinner I use to clean up afterward removes the nail polish too. 

But here are a couple NOTD's I had done a little while ago that I'd not yet had a chance to post. 


This one was pretty however it didn't last long as I did not have the patience to wait for the polish to dry before putting the stickers on, and thus as the polish dried the stickers lifted and well it just wasn't pretty. It was 5 (yes, 5... I know!) coats of Finger Paints "Gossamer White" (it is so lovely built up this way but good grief, 5 coats?! ugh) and the stickers were from Viva La Nails. 



And this one was short lived as well, as it was a far prettier thing in my head than it turned out to be in reality. Don't you hate it when that happens? My base color was two coats of Hard Candy "Hypnotic" and then I added pretty yellow flakey glitter to the base of my nails and a little heart sticker, both from Viva La Nails. The flakey glitter is pretty enough but gosh was it annoying to wear - it snagged on *everything* despite two coats of top coat. Perhaps if I had the patience to actually just apply one piece of it at a time and make sure it lies flat on my nail? Oh but that will never happen. I'm not a patient person. lol I love the possibilities of the flakey glitter pieces, but with all the edges sticking up and catching on things it just doesn't work for me!

As a side note, I've got several products lined up to review soon. Hopefully the chaos will slow down a bit to give me a chance to actually get that done. There is nothing for nails, just some general beauty items. =)


comments powered by Disqus