Sunday, June 27, 2010

NOTD

Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I have got a LOT going on right now and my time for blogging has been pretty much non-existent. I don't know yet when things are going to slow down, there's a ton of things happening right now that require a lot of planning and well I'm not going to get into all of it now but it's all good things. =)

I painted my nails last night, and came up with this simple variation on a classic French manicure. Y'all know how these are my favorite kind of designs. ;-) 


My freehand tips are usually better, but I did this last night whilst unable to sleep. I really prefer to do my nails at a table so I have a firm, steady surface to work on but hey, whatever. lol I had originally used the pink polish from the Sally Hansen "French Manicure" holiday set from 2009, but oh my goodness that polish was a real PITA to work with! It's suuuch a pretty color, but streaky as heck, and I had major issues with it dragging. I finally gave up and opted for two coats of Rimmel "Princess Pink" 60 Seconds nail polish for my base color and for the tips I did two coats of Zoya "Sofia". Then I added white rhinestones to alternating sides of the tips for all fingers but ring fingers which got the rhinestone flowers. 

I was feeling rather fond of this design. And then... I broke a nail clear down to the smile line while cleaning up today. And you know what that means.... yes, all of them had to go, because I just cannot stand having one nail significantly shorter than the rest of them! *sigh* Oh well, I suppose short (UBER short!) nails will make life easier over the next several weeks while I've got a lot of things to do. 

I hope you all are doing well!


comments powered by Disqus