Wednesday, May 26, 2010

EOTD w/ BFTE

It's hard to believe just a few days ago I was still turning on the electric blanket (on it's low setting of course) at night, and now I'm fighting to not turn on the AC just yet! 

When this kind of weather hits, I tend to skip makeup altogether; when it's hot and humid and you sweat doing even the simplest tasks (and sometimes while you aren't even doing anything at all) it just seems silly to me to bother with makeup. When I DO wear makeup during the hotter weather I'll usually just do my eyes, and skip everything else. Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point of going through the fuss of foundation and such when it'll be gone within an hour, anyway. 

Accordingly when I do my eyes in Summer, I mostly opt for "barely there" colors and reach for clear mascara. It just makes life so much easier when you can know even if the makeup does get smudgy it won't be noticeable, unless it's YOU staring hard with your face three inches away from a mirror. But to everyone else, they'll never notice anything amiss.

BUT today I wanted to play with my BFTE stuff, I've got no plans to go anywhere anyway so I'm not worried about running/smudgy/faded etc. makeup. (Not that any of that's been much of an issue since I got my TFSI, anyway. But this is my first Summer with it, so I'm not sure how it'll hold up for me in the hot, humid weather.) 

I decided to shoot for purple and green. 

I had a heck of a time getting my eyes done evenly. This is part of why I really, really need to save money to get to the eye doctor soon for new contacts. Try as I might, trying to do my makeup without the help of contacts just does NOT go well. (Obviously my glasses are of no use here. Unfortunately.) Even using a magnifying mirror doesn't really help me much, primarily because I have nowhere to put it where I can just have it set up on a table and have both hands free to work with, so I'm trying to hold the mirror up in one hand without blocking the light and then actually apply the makeup with the other hand... it's a hassle, really. Oh, those of you who have no need for glasses or contacts should be so grateful! 

ANYWAY.

This is far from a flawless look, I know that. I did the best I could with little light (my room doesn't get much sun & my only source of artificial light is a small table lamp) and blurry vision. Still not completely awful I suppose. Nevermind the eye liner. That's always been my most despised part of makeup, I never am able to do it right so nine times out of ten I just don't bother with it. Figured I'd give it a try today, since, you know... I have it and should be using it so the money isn't wasted. :p 

Outdoors, shade, no flash:





Outdoors, shade, with flash:






Indoors, natural light, with flash:






Colors used were all from BFTE except for a little white, which was from the L'Oreal Star Secrets Eva Longoria e/s trio.

Mint
Nani
Thistle
Belle Of The Ball
Gentle

Eye liner: Styli-Style Line & Seal 24/7 in Soft Black
Mascara: Just For Redheads Mascara Naturelle in Ginger Brown




comments powered by Disqus