Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nivea A Kiss Of Moisture Lip Balm

One of the ultimate must-haves for me is a good lip balm. I've got tubes of lip balm *everywhere* - I keep one in my purse, one in my bedroom, one in the living room, and there are always several extras in my makeup case. There is just no living without lip balm - it's essential. 

I have some favorites that I routinely stock up on, but every once in a while I like to try something new. 

Recently I decided to try Nivea's A Kiss Of Moisture Hydrating Lip Care lip balm. It's roughly $3.00 a tube, and the tube contains 0.17 oz. of product. 
I'll admit for whatever reason the blue and white packaging is attractive. I didn't think to look at the ingredients before I bought it, though I wish I had. There's a LOT in there that truly is not necessary. I believe when it comes to many things in life, lip balm being one of them, simpler is better. But that's just my opinion.

This lip balm is smooth and creamy to apply. It's not thick or waxy at all. There is not much of a fragrance to speak of; it does have a VERY soft scent to it but it's barely noticeable, and I only noticed it when I held the tube up and smelled just to see if there was a fragrance - I didn't notice anything when applying. The smooth application is about the only thing this has going for it though.

I've not yet had it for a full two weeks and I've already used about 1/4 of the tube - and that is NOT a good thing. This really is not that hydrating - my lips are dryer than normal after using this balm exclusively for a week and a half. I noticed the very first day I got it and started using it that I constantly feel like I need to reapply it because my lips feel dry. Reapplying lip balm frequently because it has a nice flavor to it is one thing, but reapplying because your lips CONSTANTLY feel dry is a different story. (By the way this has no flavor, if you're wondering.) 

The balm itself feels nice and smooth on the lips, but that isn't a great thing when your lips still feel dry underneath that smooth balm. 

I'm going to finish the tube simply because I hate to waste money, but I'm not happy with this lip balm at all. Dryer lips and a constant need to reapply = NOT the "kiss ready" lips Nivea proclaims their lip balms will give you. Definitely not worth the price tag, either.

1 star, not recommended.



comments powered by Disqus