Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Before & After

If you recall from this previous post, I needed to reorganize my stash in a very bad way. I finally got to that today. It took me a couple hours - yes, hours - but I got it done. Well, mostly done. 

Before:

Drawer 1

Drawer 2
 


Why'd it take me so long? Well for one thing there's a LOT of nail polish in there. haha But also, I may not be the most organized person in the world generally speaking, but when I set my mind to organizing something (be it nail polish, silverware, clothes or anything) I REALLY organize it. I had a small portion of nail polish in the drawer and changed my mind about how it should be arranged. Then I was about 3/4 of the way done with putting everything in the first drawer, and again changed my mind. As they say "Third time's a charm" though and I did get everything arranged in a way that's good enough for now. Yeah I said "good enough for now"... I am not too happy with it but at least it's not a disaster anymore. I'd still like to try to figure out a better way of organizing everything though.

After:

Drawer 1

Drawer2:


So, the top drawer now contains my nail art polishes, base coats, top coats, treatments, and nail art and general care supplies as well as my display wheels. (I even labeled the containers I keep my sprinkles, pearls and larger rhinestones in. *gasp!* LOL) And the second drawer is just polishes. The polishes are arranged - somewhat - by brand. Though they are in no particular order, really. 

I still have to tackle that pesky third drawer that is still full of other stuff, but I'm done for today. Once I do get to that third drawer though all that will be in there is cotton pads/balls, my manicure bowls, nail polish and cuticle remover etc. Bigger nail care items like that. 

So... how do you organize YOUR stash? Do you use nail polish racks? A train case? Just have it out on a shelf?


comments powered by Disqus