Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Claire's 3-in-1 Nail Polish

If you read my previous post about this polish you'll know that I was very undecided whether or not I liked it. I wanted to use it a couple more times to get a better feel for it. Now that I've used this polish a little more... I'm STILL undecided on it!

First things first. This polish has 3 layers of color to it. (They also have 4-in-1 polishes too.) You are not to shake the bottle... which really you should not be doing with any nail polish anyway. No, I haven't tried shaking the bottle anyway just for fun. Yet. The way I feel about this polish I just might do it some day just to see what happens. lol Anyway, you are not supposed to shake it so the colors don't get mixed up. However, I'm finding that they are getting muddled just from using it anyway. well, the top two layers are at least. I've yet to see any hint of the bottom color....

This is what the bottle looked like when I bought it, before it had been used:




And this is what it looks like now, after three uses:




The polish applies very sheer and streaky; at LEAST 4 coats are required to get somewhat even coverage. The stars from the top layer are cute enough but a pain more than anything else as they are just like very big chunky glitter which applies unevenly. More than that - they're big enough that, unless placed just so on your nails, the edges stick up even after applying top coat and they then get caught on things (snagging certain fabrics, getting stuck in your hair etc.) and get pulled off. If they were a bit smaller I think I'd like the stars more.




Pictured above is 5 - yes, a dreadful 5 - coats and you can see it is still a bit streaky and uneven. Not to mention still very sheer.

The lasting power of the polish is below average for me. It started chipping within 1 or 2 days each time I used it.

Overall: it's a nifty thing to look at, but not worth the money. I'd give it 1.5 of 5 stars.

And yes... I really am thinking of shaking it up to see how it'll look with the colors mixed up. Who knows, maybe I'll like it better that way? I'll be sure to let you all know if I do in fact do that what I think of it then. ;-)


comments powered by Disqus